.The Marienfloss chapel is a remnant of a monastery that has existed for several centuries, since 1238. It was first inhabited by Cistercian nuns, then by Carthusian monks from Trier, and finally by canons. In 1415, the Rosary, a special prayer to Mary, was created thanks to the confessor of Margaret of Bavaria, Adolf of Essen. At the entrance to the present-day chapel, a modern mosaic depicts the various stages of Marienfloss' life. In the 20th century, after twenty years of effort, the restoration of the sanctuary of Marienfloss, of which the town of Sierck is now the guardian, was completed in 1982 in the presence of MSG Paul-Joseph Schmitt, bishop of the diocese of Metz, and the bishop of Essen in Germany (the home town of Adolphe d'Essen, founder of the Carthusian monastery of Marienfloss and author of the world-famous Mysteries of the Rosary.